In this article here, you can download the Nokia Online Service Tool v6.3.7 with Patch. Users can utilize this tool to update the default firmware using .nb0 and .mlf format to upgrade and downgrade (In certain situations) and then restore the functionality of their Nokia Android phones.
|File Name||Nokia Online Service Tool|
It is necessary to be able to authenticate your username and password to be able to flash phones. A computer that has an authentic Mac account, you can log in with the account. In addition, this OST allows you to install the firmware update prior to when the official OTA is installed for your phone.
What is Nokia Online Service Tool?
Nokia Online Service Tool is a flashing of firmware software that was developed by HMD Global for their Android-based phones. It is utilized internally by the manufacturer, or in-service centers to restore factory or stock software when there are any issues. The tool is usually referred to by the name of ” Nokia OST LA“.
The tool is compatible with the stock firmware in .nb0 format. There is a more recent version (Nokia OST LA 6.3.8) available, which is compatible with the latest Oreo/Pie firmware, however, it hasn’t been updated yet. Therefore, when you upgrade to the newer Android Oreo and Pie firmware you’ll also have to extract the properly prepared .mlf file to flash the stock firmware to the Nokia Android phone. We’ll soon provide the steps to do this.
This tool’s official release is accessible on the internet, but it can only be used using an active username and password. This is something that only official Nokia Service Center representatives can use. To allow a common user to be able to use this tool for flashing the stock firmware, it needs to be modified.
Nokia OST LA 6.3.8 can be used to flash stock firmware to all Nokia Android phone that has their bootloader Unlocked official or Fastboot Tool. The following is a list of Nokia phones that are compatible with the software:
- Nokia 2
- Nokia 3
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 5.1
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 6.1/X6
- Nokia 8
- Nokia 8 Sirrocco
- Nokia 9
Download Nokia Online Service Tool 6.3.8:
The latest version which can be patched and used for flashing stock firmware to Nokia Android phones is v6.3.8. You can download Nokia OSTLA 6.3.8 With Patch by clicking the above links to easily get on your device.
Download and install Nokia Online Service Tool on the PC:
- Get Nokia Online Service Tool and the Patch file
- Extract the ‘Nokia_OST_LA_6.3.8.zip‘ file on the PC
- Navigate to the extracted folder, and double-click on the Launcher.exe‘ executable file to start it. Nokia OST LA installer
- Click on ‘ Next ” Click again on the Next button to install to install Nokia OSTon the PC
- When the installation has finished After the installation has finished, click the ‘ Close the installation’s button.
- Now, extract the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.zip‘ file on the PC
- Open the extracted folder and copy the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe‘ file
- Open ‘ C:Program Files (x86)\OST LA on your PC.
- Paste the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe’ file in the folder and replace the existing one when prompted
- Finally, delete the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config’ file present in the folder
After you’ve successfully copied your patch, and then deleted the config file that was copied the tool will be available for use.
How To Use Nokia Online Service Tool:
- You must have a firmware for your device with you, saved on your Windows PC.
- Download the OST and OST patch file from above.
- Extract both the zip files (ignore security warnings from Antivirus software). You can use a free software like 7-zip
- Password for OST patch is 123
- Go into the folder where you have extracted from OST software and use the launcher.exe to install the Nokia Online Service Tool (OST) software on your PC.
- Now, copy the .exe file from OST patch (filename: OnlineUpdateTool.exe) and paste it into OST’s installation folder on your PC. The installation folder could be at this location folder C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA (or folder C:\Program Files\OST LA). You have to replace the OnlineUpdateTool.exe file already there with one from the patch folder.
- Also delete the OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config file in the installation folder.
- Now, double click the OnlineUpdateTool file to runt he Nokia OST software.
- If you performed the above alright, then it shouldn’t ask for the login and password details. (Basically, all you had to do was delete the config file, and replace the original OnlineUpdateTool.exe with the patched one.)
- Select the firmware file in .nb0 format in the OST software.
- Boot your Nokia device into download mode. For this, power off your Nokia device, connect it to PC with USB cable (you will see charging icon on phone), and now press and hold Volume down and Power button simultaneously for about 5 seconds. Keep your device connected to PC.
- You should now see the ‘Edit Phone Information’ button on the Nokia OST software.
- Press that button. It may give an error but do not worry. Click on OK button.
- You should now see Next button become active. Click it, and that is it, firmware installation has begun. Wait patiently for it to finish. Done!
Although the tool can be used to flash stock firmware in order to update and downgrade manually Nokia smartphones, this tool must be used with care and information. If you use the wrong firmware or try to upgrade without understanding the limitations could cause the phone to be damaged. Should you need to ask any queries about the tool or Nokia Flash Tool.
And there you are you’ve been allowed to download Nokia Online Service Tool (OST LA) Latest Version. It can be used to flash the stock firmware of your Nokia Android phone.